Agriculture Business Management
The associate in applied science (AAS) degree in agriculture business management is a popular, career-oriented program preparing students for careers in agribusiness industries as well as agricultural production. This program includes the necessary accounting, economics, science, marketing and agricultural courses needed for today’s complex and changing agricultural business world. The degree will successfully transfer to several four-year universities in Illinois and other state universities.
Reasons to Consider JWCC’s Agriculture Business Management Program
- Workforce Preparation: Ready to enter a career in the world of animal agriculture by providing skills and knowledge attractive to a wide variety of employers.
- Transferability: Many courses are accepted by other state university agriculture programs. All students are encouraged to consult directly with both a JWCC agriculture transfer advisor and a destination university advisory soon after enrolling.
- Leadership Development: Leaders are developed through coursework, Post-Secondary Ag Student (PAS) competitions and involvement in student-driven campus organizations. JWCC has had many winners in state and national PAS contests.
- Financial Assistance: In addition to traditional financial aid options, JWCC has an extensive agriculture scholarship program. JWCC’s agriculture students receive over $25,000 in scholarship awards annually.
- Department Advisor: Students work one-on-one with an agriculture program advisor for class scheduling and university transfer coordination.