Agriculture Associate in Science (AS)Degree Program
“Leadership, responsibility, a great place to get started; that is what I think when I hear someone say John Wood Community College. I graduated from JWCC in 2006 and transferred to Western Illinois University where I graduated in 2008. I am currently a first level manager for Monsanto. I have used my experience from JWCC to help me in my current position. At JWCC, the teachers will work with you, the classes are small and the deans are always accessible. John Wood is a great place to start your college career.”
Michael Todd AS Agriculture
Reasons to Consider JWCC’s Program:
- Workforce Preparation: Ready to enter a career in the world of animal agriculture by providing skills and knowledge attractive to a wide variety of employers.
- Transferability: Courses are fully articulated for transfer to four year university agriculture programs in Illinois and other states.
- Department Advisor: Students work on-on-one with an agriculture program transfer advisor for class scheduling and university transfer coordination.
- Leadership Development: Leaders are developed through coursework, Post-Secondary Ag Student (PAS) competitions and involvement in student-driven campus organizations. JWCC has had many winners in state and national PAS contests.
- Financial Assistance: In addition to traditional financial aid options, the agricultural sciences department has an extensive scholarship program. JWCC’s agriculture students receive over $25,000 in scholarship awards annually.