Practical Nurse applications must be submitted by February 3, 2014.
Admission to the PN program is limited and is offered to applicants on a competitive basis. Preference is given to students who have completed part or all of the Required General Education and Science/Support courses. Consideration is also given to the applicant’s cumulative GPA for completed coursework and scores/ranking on assessment exams. All applicants must meet the following admissions requirements:
- Minimum 50th percentile program ranking on the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS). Applicants will be informed by admissions when they are eligible to sit for the TEAS examination(Click Important Information about the TEAS). Study materials may be obtained by accessing www.atitesting.com/onlinestore, as of fall 2011 college is using V 5.
- College-level placement in academic assessment testing in writing and mathematics or satisfactory completion of required developmental coursework.
- Successful completion of BIO 275, with a grade of “C” or above, is required prior to beginning the fall semester PN Core Program Sequence.
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA for all college courses taken.
- Completion of all required General Education and Science/Support courses prior to beginning the PN Core Program Sequence is highly recommended.