John Wood Community College's mission is to enrich lives through learning by providing high-quality educational opportunities and services that are fully accessible at affordable levels in an attractive, caring and safe environment to meet the needs of a diverse district population.
John Wood Community College will be a highly regarded educational leader based on exceptional student success.
Its commitment to excellence will make it:
- The region's first choice for higher education, workforce training and personal development.
- The community catalyst for the creation of innovative learning and economic opportunities.
John Wood Community College will achieve its vision through an unwavering commitment to six strategic goals:
- Student Success
- Excellence-in programs, services and employees
- Communication and teamwork
- Leadership and partnerships
- Enrollment growth and stability
- Stability of resources
John Wood Community College staff and faculty will be guided by these core values in everything they do:
Self-development—We support lifelong learning and personal growth
Excellence—We maintain the highest professional standards in support of the College mission.
Accountability—We are accountable for providing quality service and instruction.
Integrity—We maintain responsible personal and professional behavior