Swine Specialist Certificate
The JWCC Swine Specialist Certificate program emphasizes the knowledge and skill development associated specifically with pork production. Technical knowledge and hands-on training is gained from working at swine herd internship sites. The curriculum is designed to be completed in less than twelve months and will apply toward the AAS degree in Animal Science.
- Workforce Preparation: Ready to enter a career in the world of animal agriculture by providing skills and knowledge attractive to a wide variety of employers.
- Class Schedule: Classes meet from late August through mid March, two or three days per week, for convenience and ease of student scheduling.
- Financial Assistance: In addition to traditional financial aid options, JWCC has an extensive agriculture scholarship program. JWCC agriculture students receive over $25,000 in scholarship annually.
- Internships: Students are given the opportunity to apply their education, with pay, at an actual work site.
- Leadership Development: Leaders are developed through coursework, Ag Club, and Postsecondary Ag Student (PAS) competitions. JWCC has had many winners in state and national PAS contests.
Gainful Employment: For more information about graduation rates, cost, the median debt of students who complete the program, and other information, please visit our Gainful Employment page.