ABOUT THE PROGRAM
JWCC’s truck driver training program is designed to be completed in eight weeks.
- A two or four day “pre-session” is held the week preceding class (students already in possession of a valid CDL Learner’s Permit from their state of residence will not be required to attend the first two days of the pre-session)
- Classes meet Monday through Thursday, 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM, for seven weeks (eight including the pre-session)
- Prepare for the Commercial Driver’s License learner’s permit
- Learn what is required to become a qualified professional truck driver
- Train under the guidance of skilled instructors with many years of over-the-road experience
- Acquire the skills to drive tractor-trailer rigs on all kinds of roads, from city streets and rural two-lane roads to interstate highways
To better meet students’ needs, the program is located in the Workforce Development Center, a state-of-the-art, 30,000 square foot facility on fourteen acres with a four-acre maneuvering range. The Workforce Development Center is at 4220 Kochs Lane in Quincy.