- be at least 21 years of age (or 18 with program approval)
- possess a valid driver’s license
- pass a standard Department of Transportation physical, administered by a DOT-qualified physician selected by JWCC
- pass a drug screen, as required by federal law
- have a safe driving record, with no recent alcohol or drug-related offenses
There may be exceptions allowed or waivers applied to some of the above requirements.
Note: Illinois CDL regulations now require individuals to show a birth certificate or passport in order to take the CDL permit test.