Steps to become a student at John Wood Community College.
Step 1: Complete Admissions Process
- Complete online application
- Submit official transcripts
Step 2: Apply for Financial Aid
- Complete FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- School Code: 012813
- Financial Aid help and additional resources: http://jwcc.edu/financial-aid
Step 3: Find out if you are eligible for additional assistance.
There are a number of additional services to students if you qualify, usually based on income, first-generation student or documented disability.
Step 4: Take a Placement Test
- This will help to determine what math and English courses you will need to take.
- Choose a date and time that works for you and register.
- At placement test, you will be assigned an orientation date (two weeks before classes start)
Step 5: Receive Acceptance Letter
- States official admission to JWCC.
Step 6: Receive Student Account Log-in (SOLAR)
- Watch for a letter to include your personal log-in/email and instructions on how to access SOLAR. (This could arrive after registration)
Step 7: Attend a New Student Advising & Registration Appointment
- Advisors will assist you in creating your education plan, evaluate transfer needs and register for first semester of classes. jwcc.edu/career-advising
Step 8: Pay for Classes
- After registering, you will receive a bill. Check billing info and payment options.
- Now is the time to check your financial aid status. Call 217.641.4329
- Any remaining amount is due prior to first day of classes.
Step 9: Attend Orientation
- Orientations are two weeks before classes start. Receive all the info needed to succeed. Locate your classes, buy books, confirm schedule, get student ID, purchase meal cards, and get involved with student clubs.
Step 10: Get Books
- Visit the JWCC bookstore and get your books. Instructors expect you to be prepared with books in hand the first day of class. Books may be purchased or rented.
Step 11: Begin Class- Good Luck!
Step 12: Get Involved