John Wood Community College
TEXTBOOK REFUND POLICY for SPRING 2015
1) Return of textbooks must be made within one week of the last day to drop classes for a full refund in any and all semester class sessions scheduled for 8 weeks or more. The following are the last dates to return texts for this semester:
1.A) First 8 week class session Friday, JANUARY16, 2015 1.B) 16 week or any class more than 8 weeks Friday, JANUARY 23, 2015 1.C) Second 8 week class session Friday, MARCH 20, 2015
NOTE: Return of textbooks for class sessions scheduled for less than 8 weeks are subject to the approval of the Bookstore Manager.
2) Textbook returns will only be accepted on textbooks sold as course material for the current semester.
3) Textbooks purchased in “new” condition must be returned in “new” condition. Text(s) must be free from writing, highlighting, water damage, torn or creased pages or covers.
4) Student must be enrolled for the course in the current term or officially dropped in the current term in the college’s computer system to receive a refund.
5) Textbooks sold as packages must be returned with all components (ex: disks, CD’s, study guides,access codes not accessed, shrink wrap intact, etc.).
6) Student who has a class that is cancelled has the same return privilege as outlined in item #1 above for a full refund.
7) All textbook returns are subject to the approval of the Bookstore Manager.
8) Student who received textbooks on Financial Aid (PELL, Student Loan, etc.) will have student account credited.
9) Student who received textbooks by payment of a third party payer will have the student’s funding agency credited.
10) If returned books were paid by credit card, the return will be made to the same credit card. Credit card is needed to process the return.
11) If returned books were paid by cash or check, a Bookstore refund check will be issued. If payment was made by check, Bookstore will not issue refund check until student’s check has cleared for payment (normal time – 2 weeks from purchase date).
12) No returns will be processed without a receipt or proof of purchase.
BOOK BUY BACKS ARE SCHEDULED at least TWICE PER YEAR -
WEEK OF FINALS FALL & SPRING.
Check our Buy back page for dates, times, and additional buy backs.