If you are volunteering over a meal time, you may request reimbursement for the meal. To collect meal reimbursement, you must serve at least five (5) hours over a meal time, and attach the meal receipt to your volunteer report which must be signed by your station supervisor. There is a $5.00 limit per meal.
You may not request meal reimbursement if:
- You are serving at a station that provides meals, or directly reimburses for meal expenses.
- You bring your lunch from home.
- You are serving in the same building where you live.
- Your volunteer assignment time ends at a meal time.
- You are serving at a meal site where there is no fixed price for the meal, but donations are accepted.