Carry-out Caravan is a grocery shopping service for persons who are unable to shop for themselves.
The service is a cooperative project of the Adams County RSVP, Chaddock School, Hy-Vee, County Market, and Transitions of Western Illinois.
All of the persons providing the service are volunteers. They do not get paid for taking, filling, or delivering your grocery order.
HOW IT WORKS
Volunteers take orders from 8 am to 12:00 pm at the RSVP office.
- Volunteers at Hy-Vee or employees at County Market fill the orders.
- Volunteers deliver the groceries from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Pay by check, cash or Link Card
THINGS TO NOTE
- You must order a minimum of 5 different items.
- Write down your grocery list before you call.
- Be specific about sizes, brand names, weights, and types of foods that you want.
- You may use coupons for items purchased. The amount will be deducted from your bill.
- You may pay by check, cash, or a Link Card.
- Please let the volunteer check your order when it is delivered so any problems can be taken care of at that time.
- If you later find a mistake in your order, call the RSVP office at 217-641-4961 as soon as possible. Do NOT call Hy-Vee or County Market.
- Delivery to Quincy only.