John Wood Community College (JWCC) respects the privacy of every individual who visits our web sites, requests information, or responds to our promotions. To better protect your privacy we have provided this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the JWCC web sites, unless otherwise posted.
Information you provide to us
JWCC will not collect any personally identifiable information about you such as your name, address, telephone number, or email address unless you provide it voluntarily. We collect information that you provide to us for the following uses, unless otherwise stated:
- We will use it to contact you and respond to your request for information.
- We may store and process the information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our web site and services.
- We will not give or sell your individual information to an outside company for use in marketing or solicitation.
- We will maintain the confidentiality of your personal information and it will only be used to support your relationship with JWCC.
Protect your Identity
JWCC is committed to protecting each student's financial information. As such, we do not solicit, nor will we accept credit card information by email. Students who want to pay by credit card should log into their JWCC SOLAR account to make a secure payment. Others wishing to make payments should call our business office at 217.641.4275.
Information collected automatically
In addition to the information you provide to us when you request information, we may automatically collect information about you that is not personally identifiable. Examples of this type of information include:
- Your Internet browser.
- Your computer's operating system.
- Your navigation path, including the domain name of the website that linked you to our site and which of our pages you visited.
- Anyone who would like to opt-out of the demographic analytics can block cookies in your browser, visit NAI consumer opt-out, or Google Analytics opt-out.