HAZMAT Endorsement Training
Individuals obtaining a hazmat endorsement for the first time must complete specific theory instruction prior to taking the required knowledge test. This training meets the FMCSA requirements. Students must be a minimum of 21 years of age to enroll.
This will be a two-week online class with one in-person class day. Online access to the class begins October 10 with in-person class day scheduled for October 22 from 8am to 5pm at the Workforce Development Center, 4220 Kochs Lane, Quincy, in Room W111. The cost of the class is $173 per person, which includes the textbook. Please note: individuals will need to go for a fingerprint/background check before taking the endorsement test. There is an additional cost of $86.50 payable to TSA.
This training covers the following topics:
- Basic Introductory and Operational Hazardous Materials Requirements
- Reporting Hazardous Materials Crashes and Releases
- Tunnels and Railroad (RR)-Highway Grade Crossing Requirements
- Loading and Unloading Hazardous Materials
- Hazardous Materials on Passenger Vehicles
- Bulk Packages
- Operating Emergency Equipment
- Emergency Response Procedures
- Engine (Fueling)
- Tire Check
- Routes and Route Planning
- Hazardous Materials Safety Permits (HMSP)
To register contact the Truck Driver Training office at 217.641.4971.