If you know your current password and wish to change it, click here:
If you are unable to remember your SOLAR PIN, click here:
Passwords MUST meet certain complexity requirements to access our systems.
Passwords are the entry point to our network resources. Protecting access to our resources is pivotal in ensuring that our systems remain secure. While we have not been exploited, nor do we expect to be, we must be diligent in guarding access to our resources and protecting them from threats both inside and outside our organization.
Full cooperation with this policy is expected so that all security goals are met. If you have any questions please contact the Help Desk at x4325 or email us at email@example.com.
Network and client operating system (and Outlook) Passwords must meet the following criteria (We recommend using a passphrase):
Passphrase Example: JohnWoodCCistheBest!
- May not contain all or part of the user's account name or part of your full name that exceeds two consecutive characters
- May not be one of your last five passwords.
- Must contain at least sixteen characters long.
- May contain spaces
- Password must contain characters from three of the five categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z, with diacritic marks, Greek and Cyrillic characters)
- English lowercase characters (a through z, sharp-s, with diacritic marks, Greek and Cyrillic characters)
- Numeric (0 - 9)
- Special Characters (exclamation point [!], dollar sign [$], caret [^], etc.)
- Any Unicode character that is categorized as an alphabetic character but is not uppercase or lowercase. This includes Unicode characters from Asian languages.
If you would like to check to see how strong you password\passphrase is, use the online password checker (powered by Kaspersky)
- Passwords should not be spoken, written, emailed, hinted at, shared, or in any way known to anyone other than the user involved. This includes supervisors and personal assistants.
- Passwords should not be your name, address, date of birth, username, nickname, or any term that could easily be guessed by someone who is familiar with you.
- Passwords should not be displayed or concealed on your workspace.
If you encounter any difficulties in this process, please contact the Help Desk at 217.641.4325 or firstname.lastname@example.org.