Password Requirements Info
Full cooperation with this policy is expected so that all security goals are met. If you have any questions please contact the Help Desk at x4325 or email us at email@example.com.
Network and client operating system (and Outlook) Passwords must meet the following criteria:
- Password may not contain all or part of the user's account name.
- Password is at least eight characters long.
- Password must contain characters from three of the five categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z, with diacritic marks, Greek and Cyrillic characters)
- English lowercase characters (a through z, sharp-s, with diacritic marks, Greek and Cyrillic characters)
- Numeric (0 - 9)
- Special Characters (exclamation point [!], dollar sign [$], caret [^], etc.)
- Any Unicode character that is categorized as an alphabetic character but is not uppercase or lowercase. This includes Unicode characters from Asian languages.
If you would like to check to see how strong you password is, use the online password checker (powered by Kaspersky)
Users will automatically be prompted at login to change their password every 90 days.
- Passwords should not be spoken, written, emailed, hinted at, shared, or in any way known to anyone other than the user involved. This includes supervisors and personal assistants.
- Passwords should not be your name, address, date of birth, username, nickname, or any term that could easily be guessed by someone who is familiar with you.
- Passwords should not be displayed or concealed on your workspace.
You will receive email notifications when your password will expire. Below is an example of the email: