Assist in the movement, sorting, penning, and daily care of cull animals of various sizes and weights. While doing so, the process will allow the business to efficiently achieve the maximum value for each animal purchased and/or sold.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Assist or individually help in sorting, tattooing, tagging, and penning of animals.
- Treat all animals humanely
- Unload incoming animals and maintain proper count and paperwork.
- Load outgoing animals according to specific load instructions.
- Clean and maintain pens, feeders, and general facility inside and out.
- Learn sort code system and effectively judge weight and quality of animals.
- Operate and assist in maintaining facility machinery and equipment.
- Perform other related facility duties as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- Valid drivers license and/or CDL preferred.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to initiate, organize, and prioritize work.
- Accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Mental and Physical Requirements
- Physically requires the ability to lift over 40 pounds and climb over 4-foot gates and walls.
- Requires standing, walking for long periods of time.
- Effective hearing, clear speech, and use of hands needed to perform job.
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Like Insurance
- Per-Paid Legal and Identity Theft Services
- Flexible Spending Account