Website Illinois Department of Human Services
Illinois Department of Human Services
The Division of Mental Health is seeking to hire a licensed Registered Nurse to serve as the Director of Nursing and to oversee and supervise professional and paraprofessional nursing staff in the care and treatment of psychiatric patients at the Chester Mental Health Center in Chester Illinois. At Chester Mental Health Center, we treat individuals with dignity and compassion. Our mission is to assist patients to achieve their full recovery potential.
1. Serves as Director of Nursing for the Chester Mental Health Center.
2. Serves as full-line supervisor.
3. Manages and directs the health care services for the facility.
4. Assist the Medical Director in the management of health-related services within the facility.
5. Develops in-service education programs for professional and paraprofessional nursing staff.
6. Develops budget and staffing plans for review by the Facility Director.
7. Conducts personal inspections of the various offices and living units.
8. Conducts staff meetings with both subordinate managers and other subordinate staff to discuss new policies and procedures.
9. Provides active nursing care to patients.
10. Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
1. Ability to serve on-call on a rotating basis, after hours, weekends and holidays.