To assist the Store Director in establishing and maintaining good customer service, oversees and is accountable for the operation of their store ensuring maximum sales and profitability through merchandising, inventory control, expense control, human resources management and managing operating costs and shrink.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Has the authority to distribute the workload and direct associates.
- Controls cash loss by following and enforcing the policies and procedures on controlling cash shortages.
- Assists the Store Director in training and scheduling associates properly in order to attain the sales per man hour budget.
- Maintains a clean store and the conditions must meet the approval of the Store Director. Follows
- sanitation procedures.
- Assists in ordering perishable items according to sales projections.
- Assists in performing daily and weekly bookkeeping procedures which are to be completed according to company policy.
- Responsible for assisting the Store Director in training new associates.
- Responsible for immediately reporting to the Store Director any repairs needed on the equipment or store building. Must keep proper water levels in the electric jack and in the scrubber.
- Is responsible for daily checks and maintenance of proper temperatures in dairy coolers and freezers to company guidelines. Refrigeration cases must be checked four times per day (at opening, twice through the day, and before going home) plus the equipment should be checked by management every holiday, unless the store has an electronic monitoring system.
- Must have a telephone at place of residence. When moving, a telephone must be operational within 7 days and the office notified of the phone number.
* High energy level * Strength/Dexterity * Good Communication Skills (Customers and Associates) * Strong Leadership Skills * Honesty * Ability to work well independently * Ability to follow directions * Technical/Analytical Abilities (Financials, Ordering, Scheduling, Hiring, Training, etc.)
BOE. FT, Hourly position with benefits that include annual wage reviews, medical, dental, prescription and life insurance, paid holidays, vacations. We are an Associate owned company with a retirement plan that includes an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Profit Sharing and 401K