Purpose of Position: To serve as video and sound coordinator for worship service(s) and other special events hosted by the church.
Church Purpose Statement:
Our mission is to love God and share Jesus Christ, as we support one another and serve the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare slides and needed videos for weekly worship
- Serve as sound technician for the worship service(s) and for the WGEM AM radio broadcast, and live stream
- Resolve PA and other technical system issues
- Serve as video coordinator for services and post them to the church’s website and Facebook.
- Resolve video and posting issues
- As available, participate in regular staff meetings, and worship team meetings to plan collaboratively for future services
- As available and upon request, work with church music ministries to handle video and audio needs
- Clear with the Pastor or his/her designee when it is necessary to be away from any duties
- Maintain confidentiality
- Assume other duties as assigned, including periodic requests to troubleshoot tech issues in other parts of the building
- We expect that our staff have faith in Jesus Christ, Biblical knowledge, and an understanding and acceptance of United Methodist theology.
- Knowledge, skill, and experience in working with adults
- Knowledge of sound systems and computer technology
- Knowledge of church year
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Self motivated
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexibility and willingness to make changes as needed
- Sincere desire to grow and mature as a disciple of Jesus Christ and as a spiritual leader
- Practical experience with the necessary technology that we use
- High school diploma required; college degree in technology preferred