Provide end user computer/I.T. system support across all Niemann Foods locations for all computer hardware, software, mobile devices, user accessibility, and related issues in order for end users to be able to perform their assigned duties on a daily basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with users to provide support on all hardware, software and security needs.
- Accurately creates, monitors, updates and maintains Help Desk incident records in the department’s trouble ticketing system.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses hardware, software & network problems and escalates as needed
- Follows up with end users to confirm successful resolution of the problem they initially reported and/or keeps them updated on progress of problems still being resolved.
- Installs and configures server operating systems, operating system upgrades, and operating system patches as needed.
- Monitors server performance, recommends hardware and software upgrades as necessary to maintain acceptable network performance and reliability.
- Maintains server and network security, including creation and maintenance of network user accounts and profiles as well as access to personal folders, and shared folders with Microsoft Active Directory.
- Maintains and monitors our virtual server environment operating under VMware.
- Installs and maintains enterprise anti-virus, anti-spam, web content filtering, and other enterprise-wide protective systems and appliances.
- Installs and configures user workstation operating system software, operating system upgrades and patches as needed.
- Other tasks and duties as may be assigned from time to time.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 2 year degree in Computer Science helpful
- Thorough knowledge of current and recent versions of Microsoft Office, Outlook 2010/2013, Outlook Web Access, Office 365. Proficient with Windows 7 and 10 Operating Systems, antivirus software, Active Directory user set up and maintenance.
- Experience in building and deploying PC workstations and laptops, upgrading and deploying software.
- Ability to multi-task and respond to requests for assistance via phone, email, Help Desk incident, or walk-ins as 1st & 2nd level technical user support.
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN/VPN Infrastructure and equipment such as IP addressing, DHCP.
Full Tim position with benefits that include annual wage reviews, medical, dental, prescription and life insurance, paid holidays, vacations. We are an Associate owned company with a retirement plan that includes an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Profit Sharing and 401K