Title: Network and System Administrator
Reports to: Director of Information Technology
Description: Responsible for the day-to-day support, monitoring and maintenance of the company’s server, workstation, and network resources.
- Install and configure server operating systems, operating system upgrades, and operating system patches as needed.
- Monitor server performance, recommend hardware and software upgrades as necessary to maintain acceptable network performance and reliability.
- Maintain server and network security, including creation and maintenance of network user accounts and profiles as well as access to personal folders, and shared folders with Microsoft Active Directory.
- Maintain and monitor our virtual server environment operating under VMware.
- Install and maintain enterprise anti-virus, anti-spam, web content filtering, and other enterprise-wide protective systems and appliances.
- Install and configure user workstation operating system software, operating system upgrades and patches as needed.
- Install and configure user workstation application software, upgrades and patches as needed.
- Configure and support company laptops and other mobile devices.
- Develop and monitor daily and periodic network data backup schedules, processes and appliances to assure the availability of data and program resources in the case of hardware/software failure and/or catastrophic event.
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation of system resources, configurations, and processes.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and design configuration for network hardware including routers, switches, access points and other network management devices.
- Work with the company’s WAN and ISP vendors to monitor, maintain, and upgrade the reliability and availability of the company’s wide-area-network and Internet access as needed.
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation of network device standard templates, exceptions, network assets, and build processes.
- Other tasks and duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Three or more years of experience using, installing and maintaining Microsoft Windows workstation and server operating systems, TCP/IP networking, and Cisco router, switch, and access point configurations.
- Proficiency with Active Directory and VMware and virtual server environments.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to successfully manage multiple simultaneous tasks and projects.
Wage – BOE. FT, Salaried position with benefits that include annual wage reviews, medical, dental, prescription and life insurance, paid holidays, vacations and more. We are an Associate owned company with a retirement plan that includes an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Profit Sharing and 401K