Jones Poultry in Barry, Illinois is currently accepting applications for a full-time position of Facility Manager. The Facility Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day facility functions in a regulated, poultry processing facility and its surrounding properties.
Benefits include paid time off and health insurance. Salary depends on qualifications.
This position is responsible for all physical and mechanical aspects of the facility and property, including, but not limited to:
- Directing and overseeing the work and tasks performed during routine maintenance, emergency after hours calls, facility security, custodians, managing outside contractors, and establishing service contracts.
- Developing facility and property maintenance schedules, overseeing ordering of maintenance supplies, and scheduling facility techs, custodians.
- Overseeing maintenance of facility, property and equipment to achieve optimal performance regarding uptime, downtime, availability and utilization.
- Implementing corrective measures or suggesting equipment upgrades to minimize equipment and operational downtime.
- Leading, training, and developing a team of Maintenance Technicians, including scheduling and prioritizing tasks to ensure minimal equipment downtime.
- Assisting in hiring and training new maintenance employees.
- Ensuring sanitation, safety and OSHA protocols are followed.
- Conducting routine safety inspections of facility and property, including ensuring all equipment is certified safe and effectively used, tracked and maintained to manufacturer standards.
- Maintaining inventory of equipment including tools and necessary spares to keep on hand.
- Maintaining files of warranties, records, licenses, inspections, service agreements, and contracts for various pieces of equipment.
- Establishing and maintaining effective professional relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 to 4 years of leadership experience with Facility Maintenance emphasis.
- Knowledgeable in HVAC, electrical, plumbing, pumps and automated machinery, and ability to troubleshoot.
- Ability to read blueprints and electrical schematics.
- Computer knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Available to work weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Excellent organizational skills and high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Cool, damp environment with temperatures around 40 degrees.
- Stand, walk, climb, bend, stoop, and lift various weights as needed.
- Manual dexterity of hands and wrists.
- Must be able to access and navigate all areas of the facilities and all parts of company equipment.
- Local travel required.