John Wood Community College
Find Your Path
This is a full-time, exempt, 12-month position that reports to the Vice President for Instruction and is located on the JWCC campus in Quincy, Illinois.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Instruction, the Dean of Arts and Sciences will provide leadership in promoting excellence in teaching and learning. Functions of this position include:
- Provide direction and support to faculty in the development, revision and evaluation of departmental curriculum and programs, including program review
- Promote student success and academic completion through departmental and College strategic initiatives
- Provide supervision of arts and sciences faculty, adhere to the collective bargaining agreement, and conduct annual faculty/staff evaluations
- Prepare, in collaboration with department chairs, a schedule of course offerings; monitor faculty loads; supervise instructional programs; facilitate institutional, program and course assessment
- Serve on various on-campus, advisory, community and state-wide committees
- Develop articulation agreements to reduce barriers to student success and completion
- Build relationships with high school partners to increase opportunities for students
- Coordinate the assessment and analysis of budget needs of the division; review and coordinate the use of instructional resources
This position requires a master’s degree from an accredited college or university, doctorate degree preferred. Three (3) years of educational administrative experience at director, department chair level or above and five (5) years successful teaching experience in a post-secondary setting is recommended. Must have excellent skills in communication, organization, technology and collaboration.
JWCC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes health, dental, vision, prescription insurance, vacation, sick days, personal days, paid holidays, tuition waivers for employee and dependent family members, and State University Retirement System.
How to Apply
Open until filled with review of applications beginning Monday, February 24th. To receive full consideration, email a JWCC application, cover letter, resume, and copies of transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit online here. Applications from qualified persons who are members of racial or ethnic minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. John Wood Community College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability or other factors prohibited by law.