Under the direction and supervision of the Youth and Family Coordinator, direct all aspects of the summer camp program, execute the daily curriculum and provide a program to foster children’s social, physical, spiritual and mental growth. Responsible for programming a stimulating and safe environment for children in the program.
Program runs from 7:30am-6:00pm on Monday-Friday. The summer camp program starts June 7th and runs until August 13th. There will be a mandatory camp staff training in late May.
- CPR/First Aid within first 30 days of hire
- 18 years or older
- Ability to build positive relationship/communication skills with adults and children
- Strong communication and judgement skills
- Knowledge of children and genuine desire to work with them
- Excellent judgment skills
- Understand YMCA mission and Character Development values
- Knowledge of YMCA rules, regulations, and policies
- Attend Summer Camp staff meetings
- Provide a positive, safe and nurturing environment for the children in the Day camp program
- Make sure campers are in appropriate areas and supervised on all field trips
How to Apply
Use this link and fill out an online application, or come to our facility to fill out an application in person. Make sure to check Childcare - Summer Camp Counselor. If you have any questions or want to express an interest in this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. https://.quincyymca.net/about-us/employment/