Thank you for your interest in the Village of Skokie Police Department. The following information is intended to provide general information regarding the Village of Skokie’s Pre-Certified Police Officer Recruitment Process.
All individuals interested in becoming a Skokie Police Officer must meet the following minimum requirements:
- $35.00 non-refundable application fee;
- Minimum of 21 years of age and under 35 years of age by the application deadline (April 1, 2021);
- United States citizen or legally authorized to work in the U.S.;
- High school diploma or equivalent
- ONE of the following:
- Minimum of sixty (60) college semester hours from an accredited institution by the application deadline date;
- Four (4) years of active military service with an Honorable Discharge by the application deadline date;
- Possess a valid Driver’s License;
- Must be a full-time sworn officer that is certified or have the ability to be certified by Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board and served as a Sworn Police Officer for a period of 2 years or more without a minimal break in service (not to exceed 6 months);
- Strict compliance with Skokie Police Department Appearance Policy, specifically provisions relating to Tattoos, Body Piercing and Beards. Click here to view the policy: SPD Appearance Policy
- Have correctable vision to 20/20 and have the ability to distinguish colors;
- Within 18 months from hire, reside in Cook, Lake or DuPage County in Illinois;
- Enter into an “Authorization for Release of Personal Information Agreement”;
- Enter into an “Employment of Relatives Agreement”;
- NOTE: Applicants with relatives who are currently employed with the Village will not be eligible for hire.
- Enter into an “Abstinence from Tobacco Products Agreement”;
- Compliance with Skokie Police Department Appearance Policy;
- Must have ability to understand the English Language (written and spoken);
- Completion and submission of Village of Skokie Public Safety Application and other required documents to IOS Recruitment by April 1, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
How to Apply
How to Apply: • Purchase a non-refundable application fee is required to start the process. • Please visit
to purchase the application • Submit all supporting documentation to I/O Solutions by hand or mail • Complete your application by Thursday, April 1st, 2021 https://.iosolutions.com/