Website Spring Lake Country Club
Spring Lake Country Club
Title: Clubhouse Manager
Supervisor: General Manager
General Summary: Oversees the entire member dining operation of the Club. Works with servers,
bartenders and bussers and other departments to assure that the member’s expectations are exceeded.
Supervises, schedules, hires and trains all dining room, banquet, and bar personnel. Oversees the
management of seasonal (pool snack bar) food service operations. Maintains menu/price changes on POS
system. Oversees wine inventory, wine list development and by the glass offerings. Consistently looks for
ways to improve member-dining services. Assists with social media marketing of events, club operations
and dining updates as needed.
I. Job Tasks (Duties)
1. Ensures exemplary service is delivered in dining rooms to achieve a high level of
member satisfaction. Trains all dining room and bar staff in proper dining service
standards and etiquette.
2. Schedules bar and dining room staff consistent with club operating standards and
3. Assures a smooth, efficient daily operation of the club’s dining rooms and develops
ongoing dialog and rapport with the membership through recognition, communication
and follow through. Greets/interacts with all members using the dining rooms.
4. Maintains the proper level of staffing to ensure the smooth operation of the club dining
rooms. Interviews and hires all front of the house staff in accordance with club policy
and all federal and state regulations.
5. Works with General Manager in planning and implementing policies and procedures for
all areas that affect member relations within the clubhouse and surrounding areas.
6. Suggests menu ideas in conjunction with the Kitchen Manager and/or other culinary
personnel as well as the General Manager.
7. Oversees the purchase of all bar supplies and beverage inventory items. Assists with the
development of the wine list and monthly wine specials. Assists with the monthly
physical inventory of these areas.
8. Communicates necessary information to, and conducts daily pre-meal planning with, the
dining room and bar personnel.
9. Responsible for programming menu/price changes in the club POS system.
10. Responsible for the preparation of annual performance evaluations for all dining room
and bar personnel.
11. Attends/conducts staff meetings to assure correct interpretation of club policies.
12. Handles member complaints, and approves adjustments to the charges when necessary,
in conjunction with the General Manager.
13. Maintains a supervisory role in all activities that relate to the service of food and
beverage to the membership and their guests.
14. Assists with social media marketing for club events, dining and club facilities as needed
in conjunction with the General Manager
II. Reports To
III. Directly Supervises
1. All dining service personnel.
2. All bar personnel.
3. All house and banquet setup staff.
4. 19th Hole staff
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervising banquet service, dining room service and functions throughout the club for all
member events, private parties and meetings.
2. Assists in catering and event planning.
3. Maintains the highest standard of food and beverage service and is creative in room set-ups
4. Responsible for daily interactions with all departments: food and beverage, housekeeping,
locker rooms and engineering.
5. Carry out administrative functions, takes reservations, processes staff information and event
BEO’s. Checks BEO’s and reservation book daily against set up and employee schedules.
Responsible for scheduling receptionist and front of house employees.
6. Maintains contact with membership and is directly responsible for having staff provide service
levels that achieve maximum member satisfaction.
7. Supervises employee efficiency and establishes control and institutes changes in operations as
8. Works with Kitchen Manager on planning and designing menus, party coordination efficiency.
Coordinates party set-up, buffet decorations, table settings and bar set- up for events.
9. Responsible for beverage and supply invoices for processing and taking and posting beverage
inventories. Create seasonal specialty drinks.
10. Follows procedure in wine service and encourages wine sales
11. Handles complaints of members and guests and reports to General Manager so that issues
can be resolved to maintain member satisfaction and reduce the chance for a re-occurrence.
12. Assists in other duties and projects as directed by the General Manager