Under general supervision; performs general firefighting, rescue, and hazardous materials work in response to alarms and emergency calls; responds to medical emergencies to assist ambulance personnel in administering aid to victims; drives and operates fire equipment and apparatus; participates in general firefighting work and related training.
Possession of a valid Driver’s License by the State of Iowa at time of hire;
- Minimum hiring standards as set forth by section 400.17, Code of Iowa;
- Minimum age of 18 on or before date of hire;
- Maximum age for a firefighter covered by Chapter 400, Code of Iowa is 65;
- Possession and maintenance of certification as an EMT in the State of Iowa at time of hire.
- Possession and maintenance of Firefighter I at time of hire, II preferred or within9 months of hire. Will complete Mandatory Reporter class for Dependent Adult and Child Abuse within 6 months of hire.
- Will participate in the Duane Arnold Energy Center’s Drill annually for the first 5 years of employment.
- Will attend a fire school of their choice for the first 5 years.
- Will successfully complete and maintain Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations level certification at time of hire.
- Will complete self study class for Terrorism Awareness within one year of hire.
- Will complete self-study class for IS100-ICS, IS700 – NIMS, and IS302 Radiological Monitoring within one year of hire.
How to Apply
To apply, visit our website at
and complete an application by the deadline. http://.www.marshalltown-ia.gov