Hy-Vee Pharmacy 1400 Harrison St
1. Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
2. Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
3. Makes an effort to learn customers’ names and to address them by name whenever possible.
4. Assists customers by: (examples include)
· escorting them to the products they’re looking for
· securing products that are out of reach
· loading or unloading heavy items
· making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
· performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
5. Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
6. Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
7. Handles inquiries that do not require a pharmacist’s expertise and judgment.
8. Accepts new written prescription orders and telephoned refill requests at the discretion of the supervising pharmacist.
9. Takes orders from or calls doctor’s offices for refill prescriptions.
10. Gathers patient information required to prepare prescriptions.
11. Assists in maintaining correct patient information.
12. Assists pharmacists in preparing prescription drug products for dispensing.
13. Prepares and affixes labels to prescription containers.
14. Prepares prescriptions to be mailed.
15. Prepares and submits insurance claims.
16. Files prescriptions after they have been dispensed.
17. Reports any medication errors to appropriate personnel.
18. Orders, checks-in, and stocks pharmacy supplies.
19. Logs invoices as necessary.
20. Performs cash transactions.
21. Maintains cleanliness of pharmacy and dispensing area.
22. Assists with third party insurance billing and trouble shooting.
23. Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
24. Adheres to all statutes and regulations pertaining to a pharmacy technician.
25. Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
26. Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent. Certified as a licensed technician through a certified national program and maintains continuing education requirements to keep license active. Previous experience as a pharmacy technician or pharmacy clerk is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
This position frequently involves a fast work pace in a retail store setting.
Must be able to handle multiple tasks (filling scripts, answering telephone, waiting on customers, etc.) every day.
Flexible Schedule (will work around class schedules).
Flexible shifts as little as three hours or as long as eight hours.
Time off, although unpaid, for school breaks.
Hy-Vee Store discount.