3175 Palmyra Rd.
Hannibal, MO 63401
Position: Registered Nurse (R.N.) Consultant
Qualifications: Requires Nursing Degree (active license & in good standing)
Supervisor: Executive Director
- Provide appropriate delegation and monthly oversight of Unlicensed Assistive Personnel (UAP) that performs such duties as:
- Male catheterization procedures.
- Medication administration and ensuring proper procedures are followed.
- Provide monthly review of physician orders, medication administration records (MAR’s), staff documentation, and periodic inspection of techniques and skill of each certified aide delegated to pass medications, procedures and medication storage.
- Oversee all functions of delegated nursing tasks.
- Documentation related to these activities along with documentation of other activities as assigned
- Monitor the health and safety of individuals receiving residential services.
- Monthly assessment of each individual to evaluate health concerns and identify changes in their health status.
- Monitor the application of all physician orders, including but not limited to procedures, labs, appointments, specialized diets and adaptive equipment for each individual.
- Maintain communication with agency management and habilitation teams reporting and documenting all changes in the individual’s health status, needs, and identify deficiencies in the standard of care provided to individuals.
- Assist the Home Manager(s) in developing training procedures for employees.
- Assist the home Manager(s) to monitor individual’s medications, observing medication administration to ensure proper Level One Med Aide training is followed.
- Maintain ongoing training and support for staff.
- Assist in one-on-one training for new employees.
- Provide agency wide in-services if requested. These would be in addition to the already required hours per individual per month in the ISL’s for the organization.
- Report all staff related problems and or concerns to PM and/or Executive Director
- Provide documentation of all time spent and work performed with the individuals. Documentation forms will be provided.
- When necessary, provide appropriate delegation and supervision of Unlicensed Assistive Personnel (UAP) that performs such duties deemed necessary based on Individual needs and recipient of duties assigned.
- Perform all other related work duties as assigned by Executive Director