Position: Residential Instructor
Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED, valid Class E Chauffeur’s license, car and insurance, working phone
Supervisor: Home Manager
- Provide care and habilitation training to individuals, including the preparation and/or supervision of well balanced meals, assisting with household cleaning, assisting with bathing as needed, and monitoring residents grooming and appropriateness of dress.
- Read Individual Support Plan and be aware of behavior support plans for each individual. Provide training as described in individual’s Individual Support Plan.
- Document training, incidents and injuries as directed by supervisor.
- Chart data daily and accurately.
- Administer medications and document accurately.
- Monitor all other health care needs of individuals.
- Be able and willing to lift more than 75 pounds, following proper lifting procedure using Personal Protective Equipment supplied by the agency. (Back support belts/Mechanical Lifts; etc.)
- Understand and implement behavior modification principles. Use reinforcement procedures to encourage desirable behavior regularly.
- Provide good role modeling for individuals. Encourage individual independence.
- Remain actively involved with individual while working.
- Transport individual as needed for medical appointments, program attendance and community activities.
- Attend mandatory staff meetings and inservice training as requested by supervisor.
- Maintain CPR, First Aid, Medication Administration and Drivers/Chauffeur’s license and insurance requirements.
- Maintain individual and program confidentiality by not discussing identifiable individual information, or information about other agency personnel in the presence of others outside the work area.
- Complete and submit time sheets and expense vouchers accurately and on time.
- Able to work various shifts as assigned.
- Perform all other related work duties assigned.