Position: Community Integration Specialist
Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED, valid Class E Chauffeur’s license, working car and insurance, working phone
Supervisor: Community Integration Liaison
- Provide training to individuals in order to increase their access and use of generic community services. Enhance independent functioning skills.
- Teach individuals community integration skills to allow for their use of the Social Security Administration, Post Office, banks, Legal Aid, recreational events, senior citizens centers, restaurants, medical services and other services relevant to the individual’s needs.
- Teach individuals home management skills which may include, but not limited to housekeeping, money management, menu development, cooking, shopping, or first aid.
- Transport individuals as needed for medical appointments and community activities. Provide physical assistance with transferring. Follow proper lifting procedures.
- Be able and willing to lift more than 75 pounds, following proper lifting procedures using Personal Protective Equipment supplied by the agency. (Back support belts/Mechanical Lifts; etc.)
- Understand and implement behavior modification principles. Reinforce desirable behaviors. Never use punishment or abusive language or behavior.
- Provide a good role model for individuals. Encourage individual independence and awareness. Remain actively involved with the individual while working.
- Attend mandatory staff meetings and inservice training as requested by supervisor.
- Maintain CPR, First Aid, and Medication Administration certifications.
- Maintain individual and program confidentiality. Do not discuss identifiable individual information or information about other agency personnel in the presence of others outside the work area.
- Complete documentation, time sheets, and expense vouchers accurately and on time. Documentation shall include case notes, bi-weekly and/or monthly summaries of progress and a record of time and specific activities involving individuals.
- Perform all other related work duties assigned.