Provide a safe and secure environment for the cottages. Conduct and document bed checks on the clients residing in the cottage at interval prescribed in Individual Care Plans and as directed by core treatment team. Provide and develop a positive and caring environment for children during their morning routine. Complete assigned paperwork and filing in an accurate and timely manner. Administer client medication as needed. All services shall be provided in accordance with the highest professional standards and in accordance with the Chaddock Treatment Model.
All agency staff are expected to address clients, staff and community members in a respective, positive and professional manner; and provide a safe environment to live, learn and work. Agency staff are expected to perform identified responsibilities and assure that all aspects of the agency comply with all applicable Federal, State and accreditation standards in conjunction with the agency’s identified policies and procedures. Chaddock is a drug free/smoke free environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide a positive, caring, warm, welcoming and safe environment for clients and families.
- Monitor and document all client activity per agency and/or contractual licensing requirements and the standards of good practice.
- Monitor and document client behavior, being alert for opportunities to counsel clients to make more appropriate choices that will promote progress with treatment goals.
- Establish and maintain appropriate professional boundaries with clients and family members as well as with referral sources and external agency contracts.
- Demonstrate proficiency in utilizing Chaddock’s model of behavior management and therapeutic interventions in the provision of services. Intervene in the event of out of control or unsafe behaviors from clients and/or family members.
- Attend team meetings as directed by supervisor and comply with monthly clinical supervision requirement.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the “5 Rights of Medication Administration”, competency in administering medications and documenting medication processes in accordance with facility policies.
- Responsible for all Medicaid documentation for non-DCFS clients.
- Work cooperatively with supervisor and/or Duty Officer in managing a flexible work schedule to include change in days, shift and number of hours needed to provide client safety.
- Chaddock reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
- Attend identified shift, trainings and meetings on time as scheduled.
- Complete and maintain all mandated trainings and refresher courses as required.
- Adhere to agency policies and procedures.
- Ensure the confidentiality of information which may be gained through job responsibilities.
- Demonstrate professionalism required in job responsibilities and perform using a high level of skill when completing job tasks.
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication skills; written, oral and interpersonal.
- Display positive teamwork and attitude by being respectful, kind, helpful and encouraging of others.
- Demonstrate resourceful problem solving skills and the ability to be proactive with new solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with youth and families.
- Faith: Show respect for environment, others and ourselves.
- Relationships: Cooperation, involvement, integrity, trust and communication.
- Responsibility: Stewardship, accountability and taking ownership of your actions.
- Learning: Development and professional growth.
- Caring: Compassion, concern and support for others.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience and/or training working with children is preferred.
- Must be 21 years or older
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Be an American citizen or have a valid work permit
- Pass a drug screen, medical examination and tuberculosis (TB) test
- Pass a criminal background check
- Overnights (10:00 p.m. – 8:00 a.m.) and Every Weekend