Summary of Job Function:
The Senior Operations Manager will be responsible for driving manufacturing, safety, quality, production, materials management, and sourcing performance to meet the business needs and goals of the Hollister-Whitney business unit. This individual will look to build and create new capabilities to support the changing business models, while utilizing lean thinking to establish a highest quality, agile and best cost operation. This individual will work closely with cross functional teams (Project Management, Finance, Engineering, Sales, Strategic Procurement, Information Technology, and Research and Development Departments) to establish and implement internal and external processes and practices to meet and exceed all internal and external requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for talent management and succession planning of direct team.
- Maintain and foster a safety-first culture.
- Ensure we are driving continuous improvement and performance results
- Improve our customer’s experience by reducing lead times, improving quality, and addressing root cause of issues and complaints leading to permanent resolution.
- Ensures appropriate process controls to achieve targeted shipping and fulfillment.
- Prioritize production schedules based on product introduction, sales forecast, equipment efficiency, and materials supply.
- Direct the development and implementation of activities to reduce direct manufacturing costs
- Reduce aggregate inventories (including inventories of materials, work in-progress, and finished goods) by meeting or exceeding inventory goals.
- Establish and manage budgeting and budget execution with a focus on product costs and overall margins. This includes overseeing equipment and capital improvements.
- Capable of maintaining a high level of independent work on detailed projects.
- Knowledge of products and sectors that are key to the business.
- Strong influencing and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain positive and productive working relationships while promoting collaborative teamwork.
- Able to quickly understand problems, articulate them, and offer solutions
- Demonstrates cultural awareness and organizational sensitivity
- Strategic problem solver with operational mindset —easily see the big picture and can translate high-level business goals into actionable plans.
- Strong ability to simplify complex challenges, operationalize solutions, create and communicate frameworks, and project manage cross-functional teams to drive results.
- Skilled in prioritizing a large number of initiatives. The ability to pivot quickly as demands change in real-time and the ability to adjust workflows to reflect practical time constraints
- Possesses an analytical, methodical and rigorous approach to work. Ability to independently perform research and analyses and synthesize conclusions into a value-maximizing approach.
Education, Experience, and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related field; Master’s degree a plus
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Outstanding leadership skills with high level of personal integrity
- Understanding of advanced business planning and regulatory issues
- A solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics
- Ability to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues
For 120 years, Hollister-Whitney, a member of the Vantage Group, has invented and manufactured solutions for the vertical transportation industry, with an emphasis on cutting-edge technology and the highest quality products. Founded on a commitment to unmatched quality and technology, Hollister-Whitney supplies elevator contractors and operators with reliable elevator equipment. This comprehensive line of products, including elevator hoist machines, platforms, slings, safeties, guides, governors, and more, are built to ensure all passengers are moved quickly and securely.
Vantage Elevator Solutions is North America’s leading independent manufacturer of elevator components and systems. Vantage is comprised of seven business units including GAL Manufacturing; GAL Canada; Hollister-Whitney; Elevator Controls; Courion; Bore-Max; and Thames Valley Controls. Through its brands, Vantage supplies almost all electro-mechanical devices used in contemporary elevators. The Vantage group employs approximately 1,000 staff in multiple locations across the United States, Canada, and United Kingdom.
Vantage is a portfolio company of Golden Gate Capital, a San Francisco based private equity investment firm. http://www.vantageelevation.com/