Website Spartan Light Metal Products
The Global Value Leader in Light Metal Technologies
Set up and operates pressure die casting machines to cast parts. Monitors the process and the quality of the product and makes necessary corrections to the process in order to maintain a steady flow of quality product to the customer. Demonstrates Spartan’s Core Operating Values through work activities, actions, and behaviors.
1. Follows Spartan’s Core Operating Values and safety standards/requirements in all work and team activities.
2. Removes and sets dies in the die casting machine.
3. Performs set up duties, including:
* Set up the die casting machine, ladling system, and die spray system.
* Set operational parameters on the machine and monitor. Make corrections as needed.
* Set up the work area and the trim press.
4. Operates the die casting machine and monitors machine functions, including:
* Monitor the product quality using required gages and inspection criteria.
* Monitor the process control systems.
* Repair and make adjustments to the shot end of the die casting machine.
5. Trims the shot.
6. Packages the product, if required.
7. Completes required paperwork correctly and neatly.
8. Locates and interprets control plans and keeps updated on revisions.
9. Follows proper machine shutdown procedures.
10. Maintains a clean, safe work area, including performing assigned safety/housekeeping duties.
Required: High School/GED
Preferred: 1+ years manufacturing experience