As an Electrician, you will maintain, monitor, troubleshoot, repair and install electrical equipment and electronic instrumentation associated with processing and packaging at our food manufacturing facility in Jacksonville, IL.
Start Date: Negotiable. Candidates needing to start in 2021 will be considered.
Wage Rate: $29.85/hr, paid weekly
Shift Differential: $0.40/hr
Shift Schedule: 6pm-6am on a 2-2-3 schedule. The workweek is Sunday-Saturday. This is an example of the shift schedule:
• Troubleshoot, repair, replace and install various control devices including but not limited to sensors, actuators, transformers, circuit breakers, motors, conduit, switches, and other control mechanisms.
• Provide support for Maintenance and Engineering modifications and improvements. May include but not limited to:
◦ Substations and MCCs, requiring knowledge of 480V, three phase, 120VAC, and 24V DC control and power systems.
◦ PLCs and HMIs
◦ Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
◦ Building Automation System (BAS)
◦ Utility Management System (UMS)
◦ Energy Management System (EMS)
◦ Control System Networks (Ethernet, ControlNet, Ethernet and instrument digital bus systems)
• Maintain and troubleshoot Production PLCs, database systems, control networks, instrumentation, and electrical systems (480V and below.)
• Disassemble, inspect, reassemble, troubleshoot, repair and replace malfunctioning parts or equipment (motors, switches, sensors, input /output boards, controllers, servos, gears, sprockets chains, knives, etc. using test equipment and meters such as VOM, megger, amp probe and PC.
• Splice wires and install conduit, panel boards, switch boxes, motors and drives and other electrical equipment demonstrating proper use of tools such as hacksaws, pipe benders, pipe threaders, hammers and screwdrivers.
• Stay well informed of current and emerging technology in order to test or recommend new equipment.
• Clean, lubricate and adjust guides, flap tuckers, sealing jaws, sensors, servos and timing of packaging equipment to improve efficiency, quality or operation.
• Perform routine preventive maintenance procedures as per schedule.
• Install change parts (pockets, flap tuckers, film folding shoulders, etc.) on processing, packaging and conveying equipment to enable product size/volume changeovers.
• Diagnose problems, identify parts, plan and execute electrical repairs and installations, and learn proper equipment operation by reading blueprints, wiring diagrams, programs/ladder logic and machinery manuals.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• Follow all required GMP, quality and food safety requirements. In addition, employee shall notify their supervisor or other designated personnel of all quality or food safety findings or incidents
SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL:
• Follow safety & environmental objectives & targets, follow the plant safety rules, report incidents & unsafe conditions immediately, maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs
SKILLS NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.