Performs activities engaged in maintaining, monitoring, troubleshooting, repairing and installing machinery and equipment associated with processing and manufacturing of plastic materials.
- Installs, maintains, tests, troubleshoots, and repairs electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic machinery and equipment.
- Diagnose, repair and perform maintenance tasks on high and low voltage power distribution systems, AC and DC drives, microprocessors, relay logic, control wiring and related technologies
- Repair and replace defective parts and components. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices. Lubricates and cleans parts and components.
- Maintains inventory on supplies and spare parts.
- Ability to read, troubleshoot, and create PLC logic.
- Read blueprints and schematics to effectively troubleshoot equipment in a timely manner.
- Maintain and train employees in the safe and efficient methods to repair equipment by following company developed LOTO and other related programs.
- Plans layout, installs and repairs manufacturing equipment, acting as plant expert in educated field.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Maintain adequate preventative maintenance program on equipment such as cleaning and lubrication of manufacturing equipment.
Time management, problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to prioritize assignments and manage multiple projects simultaneously; very proficient in working effectively independently and in a team environment.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each primary accountability satisfactorily. The requirement listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Additionally, the physical demands and the work environment typically encountered are listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education / Experience (an equivalent combination of education and experience required to successfully complete the primary accountabilities is indicated below)
- Degree: Technical School specializing in electrical, mechanical, controls and PLC maintenance
- Years of Experience: 5+ years in Industrial Maintenance, Electrical, Controls and PLC maintenance
- Licenses / Certifications: Journeyman Electrician, Master Electrician, Certified Maintenance Professional or applicable field.
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Able to walk long distances
- Able to work at elevated heights
- Able to work long hours in hot conditions during spring and summer.
- Able to work in cold conditions during fall and winter.