The Material Handler position is a critical function of the efficient manufacturing of high quality feed ingredients and trace mineral premixes.
Key Responsibilities: The Material Handler is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the task to which they are assigned.
- Follow safe work practices and safety procedures outlined by Phibro Animal Health
- Follow quality procedures and work instructions
- Set up, inspect and perform all inventory movements to the production line
- Ensure proper material is placed in the correct micro bin, Supersack feeder, pre-weigh container, or bulk bin for consumption
- Add the appropriate ingredient and amount to the appropriate hand add station as directed by the batching software.
- Recognize and take appropriate actions to ensure the proper labeling of packaging materials
- Execute safe and effective palletizing of material
- Preparation of sampling materials
- Operate forklift for movement of materials required for production
- Inspect, set up, and test equipment such as scales, load cells, and magnets
- Routine inspection of Control Points as outlined by HACCP
- Inspection of feed ingredients
- Assist in training employees on appropriate items
- Perform housekeeping and general cleaning duties for plant and employee safety
- Special projects and duties as assigned by the Lead Person
- Understands the ingredients and product formulations fundamentals
- Capable of taking production schedule and keep production line supplied with the proper ingredients and quantities.
- Possesses quantitative skills to measure and deliver material.
- Takes personal responsibility for the safety and quality of tasks assigned.
- Ability to safely operate industrial equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, and other types of moving equipment.
- Physically able to lift 60lbs.
- Thinks ahead and pays attention to detail
- Effective at organization and planning
- Will communicate within team to identify issues, make suggestions, for the benefit of the operation
- A goal oriented person who is continuously motivated by high standards
- A track record of working well as part of a high performance team
Education and Additional Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Communication skills
- Ability to operate packaging and material handling equipment (desired)
- Ability to operate industrial equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, and other types of moving equipment (desired)
We offer excellent company benefits including group medical and dental insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401(k) plan.