Jones Poultry, in Barry, Illinois is now hiring full-time hourly positions for our first shift. We are looking for :
*General Laborers/Poultry Processors
These positions are responsible for processing poultry products on the production line and will work throughout different stages of the production process.
Currently First Shift is 6:00 am to 2:30 pm with 2:30 to 4:30 as Mandatory Overtime
Average 45 to 50 hours per week.
Starting Hourly Rate is $12.00/hour
A Typical Work Day May Include:
- Work in stationary position standing sorting product for quality control, standing at the conveyor inspecting bagged product for proper seals and tears, placing product into item-specific cartons and/or boxes, stacking boxed product onto a pallet following item specific pattern.
- Work in stationary position standing on production line inspecting product for quality control and positioning product item per item specific requirements.
- You may be asked, and often will be asked, to work in several different areas during your shift.
- Work in a fast-paced production area with poultry.
- Understanding and adhering to all safety policies and procedures
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Cool, damp environment with temperatures around 40 degrees
- Stand/walk 100% of the work day
- Bend, stoop, and lift various weights as needed
- Climb stairs, frequently stoop, kneel, and bend
- Bending, twisting, stacking, pushing and standing for long periods of time
- Manual dexterity of hands and wrists
- Quick advancement opportunities
- Paid time off, including holidays
- Health insurance
- Employee discount
Jones Poultry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.