Jones Poultry, in Barry, Illinois is now hiring part-time and full-time hourly General Laborers for second shift. General Laborers are responsible for processing poultry products on the product line and work throughout different stages of the production process.
Second Shift is Noon to 8:30 pm
Starting Hourly Rate is $12.50/hour
A Typical Work Day May Include:
- Work in stationary position standing sorting product for quality control, standing at the conveyor inspecting bagged product for proper seals and tears, placing product into item-specific cartons and/or boxes, stacking boxed product onto a pallet following item specific pattern.
- Work in stationary position standing on production line inspecting product for quality control and positioning product item per item specific requirements.
- You may be asked, and often will be asked, to work in several different areas during your shift.
- Work in a fast-paced production area with chicken.
- Understanding and adhering to all safety policies and procedures
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Cool, damp environment with temperatures around 40 degrees
- Stand/walk 100% of the work day
- Bend, stoop, and lift various weights as needed
- Climb stairs, frequently stoop, kneel, and bend
- Bending, twisting, stacking, pushing and standing for long periods of time
- Manual dexterity of hands and wrists
- Quick advancement opportunities
- Paid time off, including holidays
- Health insurance
- Employee discount
Jones Poultry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.