WHAT YOU GET!
- Pay RAISES available after completion of training!
- 16.64/hr. – 19.35/hr. starting wages
- 21.98/hr. – 23.76/hr. after completion of training
- 401K Matching 6% dollar for dollar
- Accrued Vacation
- Short Term Disability after 60 days of employment
Working under minimal supervision, provide accurate and timely movement of materials and materials. Coordinates the movement of finished goods from a shipping or staging area to prescribed destination. Position involves use of movement devices including forklifts, pallet jacks and rolling carts.
- Counts, weighs and accurately identifies all items produced, received, packaged and shipped.
- Ensures that materials are verified against vendor’s invoices, bills of lading, customer orders, shipping documents and or other documentation
- Responsible for boxing, palletizing and visually inspecting finished goods before moving to designated storage location.
- Maintains accurate records of damaged or defective items and discrepancies in quantities and weights and records critical information such as time, date, quantity, source and destination of materials received or shipped.
- Pick and stage raw material and/or deliver to appropriate production line or work centers assuring production is not disrupted or machines sit idle waiting for material.
- Check the quality and quantity of finished product is correct prior to packing, marks materials with proper identification information and labels prior moving production materials to designated areas
- Prepares items for shipments. Pulls parts, adequately packages items for safe transit, appropriately labels items for accurate shipping and notifies carriers as required to ensure timely shipment of materials
- Monitors packaging line to ensure proper packaging of product.
- Operates forklifts, cranes, pallet jacks, pneumatic lifts and utilizes ladders, steps, rolling carts or other material handling equipment to safely access and move materials
- May assist in cycle counting and reconciliation.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety and quality management procedures.
- Regular attendance and compliance with all Company policies and rules is an essential function for the job. Overtime, including potential for nights and/or weekend shifts may be required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or the equivalent preferred
- On-site industrial forklift training and certification will be required within orientation & training period
- Minimum six (6) months combined experience in material handling, inventory, shipping and receiving (strong preference for experience in a similar manufacturing environment)
- Demonstrated safe operation of forklift(s) and other material handling
- Demonstrated ability to safely and properly use jib cranes, hoists, and overhead cranes to move and position materials.
- Knowledge in selection of and coordination with common carriers (UPS, FedEx, LTL and OTR truck lines for safe and compliant transport of goods intra- and inter-state)