Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, drawings, manuals, and other relevant specifications.
- Detect, diagnose, and correct electro-mechanical issues related to equipment malfunctions, out-of-tolerance machining, or other hazards.
- Assist in the diagnostic troubleshooting of equipment and the resolution of design issues, repair requests, material defects, and equipment problems.
- Ensure compliance with all department policies and safety procedures, local and national electrical codes when applicable.
- Perform preventative and routine maintenance and safety checks on all equipment and tools.
- Conduct general building and grounds maintenance, reporting unsafe conditions immediately.
- Complete forklift, passenger wagon, arc flashing, or other assigned trainings.
Education, Experience, and Requirements
- Knowledge of industrial equipment fundamentals including electrical wiring, electrical components, pneumatic systems, steam systems, water systems, hydraulics, HVAC, and building maintenance.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents (blueprints, wiring diagrams, manuals, etc.)
- Ability to read and understand SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures).