The Youth & Family Director is a creative, fun, and inspirational leader who is excited to oversee a series of high-quality, values-based program for children and families throughout the area.
The Director is a visionary who sees the incredible potential in every child, and is passionate about making a direct impact in the lives of children, parents, and families through a combination of existing programs while also developing new & creative programming aimed at building up our youth and helping to strengthen families in our community.
The Director understands that our current programs of After School & Summer care are mission-driven and present a great opportunity to develop each child’s physical, intellectual, personal, emotional and social development.
The Director is highly organized with the experience to manage, administer, and expand our school-age youth and family programming
- Manages, directs and coordinates the school age child care programs for assigned location, afterschool, family and summer programs. Ensures high quality programs and establishes new program activities.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Successfully train staff in the use of positive discipline and guidance techniques
- Develops, manages and controls budgets related to the position. Ensures program operates within budget and that program fees are collected.
- Plans creative and engaging ideas for family programming events through the YMCA to serve the community
- Organizes special events for parents & children
- Ensures that YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures followed.
- Provides for upkeep of assigned program facilities and equipment and ensures the physical environment supports healthy living.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Develops and maintains relationships with school administration, parent groups and other organizations and agencies related to assigned programs.
- Responds to all parent and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
- Maintains proper records/department files.
- Administers, tracks and reports on grant funding.
- Works with the Marketing coordinator to ensures the timely distribution of program information
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
- Minimum Associates degree in related field (Bachelors preferred)
- 3+ years experience working as teacher, coordinator, or supervisor of programs for school-age youth in areas of child development, recreation, education, or related fields
- Ability to relate effectively communicate with a diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Excellent communication & relationship building skills that are necessary for the ongoing communication with the staff, parents, participants, and community
- Ability to effectively build and develop partnerships throughout the community
- Excellent organizational & planning skills required
- Ability to create innovative & intentional programming to serve a broad demographic across the community
For the right candidate, the compensation package for this position includes competive pay along with paid vacation/sick/PTO days, paid training, a generous health benefit package, and an earned retirement contribution that is entirely company paid.