The Maintenance Tech is responsible for helping maintain the overall operation of the maintenance department and the appearance and working order of the hotel. The assistant must be able to work independently, as well as with others and under the direction of the Maintenance Manager. Responsibilities include maintaining the exterior of the building, parking lot, and common areas, driving shuttle vans as needed, maintaining all equipment in guest rooms, and working with vendors. The Maintenance Assistant must be willing to respond to emergencies, even after hours, and work with corporate maintenance on special remodeling projects or capital expenditure needs. This position requires overall maintenance knowledge and trouble shooting ability with skills in painting, HVAC, carpentry, equipment, and tool usage. The responsibility of this position is managing specialized work efficiently, with confidence and competence. The position requires above average attention to details, concern for the exact correctness of work, and strong commitment to tasks completed on time.
Must be able to work on their own with little to no supervision. Primary supervision is to come from the Maintenance Manager or Reginal Director of Maintenance.
- Assists with hotel maintenance operations by implementing strategies and protocols as laid out by the Maintenance Manager. Modifies strategies to meet or exceed the needs of management, employees, and guests within budgets.
- Understands, promotes, and embraces the People First philosophy of Stoney Creek.
- Confers with the Maintenance Manager to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from status and conditions.
- Assists in the resolution of operational and facility problems to ensure maximum guest satisfaction and prevent operational delays to meet future growth.
- Assists in preventative maintenance and projects to meet the standards of Stoney Creek.
- Helps direct the flow of outside contractors and minimizes their use.
- Communicates successes and/or concerns on a timely basis with the Maintenance Manager.
- Unambiguous work direction with the ability to complete tasks from start to finish
- Concern for getting work done on time and correctly
- Extremely task-oriented with high standards of quality and accuracy
- Schedule work order requests according to maintenance priorities.
- Perform maintenance duties, including but not limited to:
- Electrical repairs to appliances, circuits, and fixtures.
- Plumbing repairs to water and sewage systems, including replacement of water heaters, plumbing fixtures, and cleaning of stoppages.
- Carpentry repairs structural framing and finish work.
- Replacement of flooring, glass, screens, drapes.
- Painting, both interior and exterior.
- Light repair of roofing, concrete, and masonry.
- Replacement and re-keying of lock assemblies.
- Maintain accurate and current records
- Help coordinate the bidding process, including scheduling and monitoring work performed by contractors.
- Cooperate and comply with quarterly and annual inspections.
- Participate in weekly property walks / inspections.
- Have reliable knowledge of all utility routing and cut-offs, including water, gas, sewer, electrical, telephone and TV cable.
- Help maintain current records of inventories.
- Help maintain equipment manuals and parts lists on a complete and current basis.
- Assist in the preventative maintenance process.
- Participate in a standby emergency schedule for evening, weekend, and holiday coverage.
- Help perform scheduled maintenance and preventative maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturer’s recommendations and operating manuals. Keep the current inventory record the same.
- Physical security – make sure storage areas and entrances are clean, locked, and that adequate lighting is maintained.
- Comply with company safety policies and procedures.
- Keep up to date on company policies and procedures related to maintenance.
- Maintain through testing and cleaning the hotel pool, pool house, and pump rooms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participates in any corporate training.
- Participates in requested hotel meetings and training sessions.
- High School degree or GED required.
- Hospitality experience desired.
- Certification in HVAC, Certified Pool Operator strongly desired.
- Fully educated and able to train others in all hotel emergency procedures.
- Knowledgeable on the use of all chemicals and equipment used to carry out the tasks of the hotel and able to train others.
- Able to read, interpret, train others, and follow the rules and procedures provided in the employee handbook.
Technical Skills and Abilities
- Have knowledge of all hotel emergency procedures.
- Be familiar with the handling and use of all chemicals and equipment used to carry out the tasks of this position.
- Read and follow the rules and procedures provided in the employee handbook.
Benefits of working at Stoney Creek Hotels
- Paid Onboarding
- Paid Training
- 401k plan with Safe Harbor Match
- eligible for the first open enrollment after 90 days
- Paid Holidays for holidays worked (double time!)
- Hotel room discounts
- Opportunities for career progression
- A thriving culture that provides genuine hospitality
- The ability to own and empower your work
- Join a great team of like-minded individuals who work hard and smart at the same time
If you are a full-time employee, you will also receive these benefits in addition to the amazing benefits above:
- Health and Dental through Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield and Vision through Avesis anywhere from a single to a family policy
- eligible the first of the month following 60 days of employment
- Paid vacation and sick leave