The Quincy Kroc Center is seeking candidates for a part-time, up to 19 hours/week non-exempt Event Host position.
Hours: The work schedule will include working evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
Why Should You Join Our Team?
This is an opportunity to join a mission minded organization. Our employees work hard everyday to care for our community and we are happy to offer benefits to show our appreciation for your dedication to our community.
- FREE adult Kroc membership – all you pay is the taxes!
- Paid Training Time
- Flexible working schedule
Let’s Take a Look at the Job!
The Event Host will be responsible for monitoring special events and facility rental activities to ensure the customers’ needs and specifications are met prior to and on the day of the event. This position will work closely with the Special Events Coordinator to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Act as liaison between The Kroc Center and our clients and guests, communicating times, dates, schedules and requests as needed and to the proper personnel.
- Work with Food Service Supervisor to ensure guest catering satisfaction.
- Ensure all event and facility details are reviewed prior to guest arrival for accuracy of the setup and any special needs that were requested.
- Place table settings and any required decorations prior to guest arriving for events where such a service is purchased.
- Assist the Special Events Coordinator with facility tours to prospective clients and guests.
- Assist maintenance staff in setting up rooms for special events as needed.
- Supervise flow of all events, prior to, during and after the rental.
- Work to ensure guest satisfaction, notifying appropriate personnel about challenges and successes.
This job description is not all inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential duties of the position. Other duties, responsibilities and tasks may be assigned at the discretion of management.
What are We Looking For?
Education & Certifications:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Additional training license and certifications in the following areas must be held or obtained: Driver’s License
Experience: Two (2) years customer service experience preferred. Event coordinating experience is a plus. A combination of education and work experience will be considered.
How to Apply
Please reach out to our Human Resources Coordinator, Nikki Stevens with any questions. You can reach Nikki by phone at 217-231-5655 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org