Under the supervision of the Aquatics Coordinator and Wellness Director, the Lifeguard is responsible for providing a safe, enjoyable and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement in accordance with the YMCA core values, policies and procedures.
Lifeguard will be expected to perform the following duties to successfully maintain a positive environment:
- Be punctual.
- Maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
- Maintain a friendly, professional, and positive environment in order to achieve an overall feeling of belonging at the YMCA.
- Builds effective relationships with members; helps members connect with each other and the YMCA.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
- Other duties as assigned by Wellness Director or Aquatics Coordinator.
- Required certifications; Current Red Cross or YMCA lifeguard certification, CPR, First Aid and AED.
- Required trainings and meetings; Staff Meetings, and Child Abuse Training.