The Access Operations Engineer ensures RAN and edge of network services perform per engineered design specifications, utilizes data analytics, and responds to network outages within prescribed timeframes. Ensures system availability and reliability and carries out duties in support of new technology deployment and network expansions.
- Operate, maintain, and proactively monitor performance of all aspects of the wireless network to ensure it is performing as designed and drive resolution when anomalies are discovered. This includes responding to outages on a 24×7 basis.
- Utilization of analytical and automation tools to seek and correct problems to provide analysis of network systems to proactively manage, support and optimize network reliability and availability.
- Engaged in nationwide support of initiatives, such as software upgrades, enterprise projects and special events.
- Supports network activities with vendors and other teams. This will require working knowledge across all vendor platforms for all legacy and emerging wireless Network Systems including all fiber and microwave backhaul.
- Supports new technology deployment, network expansion and capacity augmentation through equipment installation, commissioning, integration, and post-activation validation testing, to include remote support, call test verification and performance drive tests.
- Coordinate preparations and responses for mass outage events, to include providing alternative power sources, accessing sites using alternative means to clear access, repair site equipment, logistical coordination, and audit for related damages.
- Maintain and operate company resources such as tools, vehicle, all-terrain vehicle, and test equipment to ensure proper operation and availability.
- Asset tracking and management of fixed assets in support of Sarbanes-Oxley regulations. In addition, provides expert guidance for standards and process creation.