JWCC Announces Recipients of Ag Student Scholarship
John Wood Community College’s Foundation and Agricultural Sciences Department recently awarded ten agricultural scholarships to local students. Each year JWCC Agricultural Education Center faculty, staff and alumni select students based upon academic achievements and involvement within the agriculture community. This year’s recipients are as follows:
- Entering Ag Student Scholarship: Seth Terwelp of Payson and Courtney Siemer of Greenfield.
- 1st Farm Credit Service Scholarship: Jacob Sorrill of Liberty.
- Adams County Farm Bureau Foundation Scholarship: Ryan Hildebrand of Plainville and Martin Nall of Camp Point.
- Damian Vogel Memorial Scholarship: Mariana Roberts of Quincy (Liberty High School).
- DuPont Pioneer Scholarship, given by Kyle McClelland: Luke Muegge of Mendon.
- Ralph J. and Mary Ellen Orr Agriculture Scholarship: Lane Wegs of Ashland.
- Roger Akers Memorial Scholarship: Jacob Farrell of Jacksonville.
- RJR Nabisco Livestock Evaluation Scholarship: Monte Wietholder of Payson.
The students were awarded the scholarships during their respective high school award ceremonies during the month of May by members of the JWCC Agriculture Education Center faculty.
John Wood Community College is the educational link between business and community. JWCC collaboratively creates innovative and relevant academic and training programs with business leaders to educate young people and the workforce for today’s needs and tomorrow’s opportunities. JWCC has centers in Quincy, Pittsfield, Baylis and Mt. Sterling, Illinois. Programs include a comprehensive baccalaureate transfer curriculum, customized business training, career/technical degrees and certificates and personal enrichment courses.
Learn more at: www.jwcc.edu.