JWCC Announces Recipients of Ag Student Scholarships
John Wood Community College’s Foundation and Agricultural Sciences Department has awarded 10 Ag Scholarships to local students pursuing degrees in Agriculture. Each year members of the JWCC Ag Alumni, Ag Advisory Council and JWCC Agricultural Sciences Department select students based upon their involvement with agriculture through organizations such as Future Farmers of America (FFA), high school leadership roles and achievement both academically and within the agriculture community. This year’s recipients of spring scholarships are as follows:
- Adams County Farm Bureau Foundation Scholarships: Connor Janssen of Coatsburg and Timothy Obert of Liberty.
- Compeer Financial Services Scholarship: Hannah Klingele of Plainville.
- Entering Ag Student Scholarship: Nathan Hoover of Pearl, Kacie McCleery of Winchester.
- JWCC Ag Alumni Association Scholarships: Kurtis Heffner of Bowling Green, MO., Sarah McMullen of Payson.
- Larsson Agriculture Scholarship: Lane Spencer of Griggsville.
- Pike-Scott County Farm Bureau Ag Scholarship: Jonathan Thomas of Pittsfield.
- Pioneer Scholarship, given by Adam Wagner: Hayden Neisen of Camp Point.
- Ralph J. and Mary Ellen Orr Memorial Scholarship: Isaac Shaw of Pittsfield.
- Roger Akers Memorial Scholarship: Chaz Walker of Winchester.
- Ronald Moore Memorial Scholarship: Lydia Nutt of Mendon.
John Wood Community College is the educational link between business and community. JWCC collaboratively creates innovative and relevant academic and training programs with business leaders to educate young people and the workforce for today’s needs and tomorrow’s opportunities. JWCC has centers in Quincy, Pittsfield, Baylis and Mt. Sterling, Illinois. Programs include a comprehensive baccalaureate transfer curriculum, customized business training, career/technical degrees and certificates and personal enrichment courses.
Learn more at: www.jwcc.edu.