Remote College Operations with all Online Instructional Delivery during Closure
In accordance with Governor Pritzker’s announcement today March 20th, 2020, proclaiming an immediate “Stay At Home” Order due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all JWCC’s centers will now fully operate remotely. We are ready to serve you by phone and email during business hours 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, even though physical locations are now closed.
This document outlines John Wood Community College’s plan for the College to transition to virtual and remote operations with Illinois Governor Pritzker’s announcement today proclaiming an Immediate Stay At Home mandating physical closure due to the coronavirus (COVID-19). The points outlined below are to maintain continued College operations during physical closure to ensure student completion of online classes and ongoing college functions. Points stated in this plan are subject to change by the authority of the Board of Trustees and the President of Community College District #539.
- Governor’s Executive Order is in effect starting Saturday, March 21st at 5:00 pm until April 7th.
- 100% online delivery from now until the end of the spring semester. All face-to-face classes including hybrid and open learning center that were transitioned to online, will continue online through the end of the Spring semester.
- Instructional labs (CTE) that cannot be transitioned and delivered online will be postponed with plans to be determined for student completion.
- Community Based Outreach (Community Education) and Business & Industry (Customized Training) that cannot be delivered online will be postponed and rescheduled.
- Adult Education, G.E.D. and English as a Second Language (ESL) and literacy services are suspended at this time.
- College For Life (CFL) will be transitioning to online delivery method.
- Graduation will be postponed and the College is working on options to be communicated with the college community at a later date.
- College business continues by remote and virtual operations during closure. All physical College facilities at all locations will be closed to faculty, staff, students, and the public while college business continues by remote and virtual operations.
- Limited campus access will be granted on a need to enter basis and essential only workers as determined by the President. A list of those names of individuals with access approval will be distributed to local law enforcement officials and our campus police as they will monitor this emergency or essential only access.
- Exterior WIFI access is being provided for students and employees at the southeast parking lot of the Southeast Education Center and the west parking lot of the Student Activity Center on JWCC’s main campus.
- Student Support Services, such as counseling and tutoring, are being transitioned to remote and virtual formats.
- Employees should be available during operational hours (Monday -Friday 8 am-5 pm) to be called to duty with little notice as requested by their supervisor and authorized by the President.
- Supervisors have already contacted certain staff members and will be contacting other employees to cover the details of remote and virtual operation expectations during closure.
- Students needing clarification, please contact your instructor, advisor or appropriate college personnel.
- Faculty or staff needing clarification, please contact the President, Vice-President, Dean, Director or supervisor.
- Visit our website for additional information at www.jwcc.edu/coronavirus
John Wood Community College is the educational link between business and community. JWCC collaboratively creates innovative and relevant academic and training programs with business leaders to educate young people and the workforce for today’s needs and tomorrow’s opportunities. JWCC has centers in Quincy, Pittsfield, Baylis and Mt. Sterling, Illinois. Programs include a comprehensive baccalaureate transfer curriculum, customized business training, career/technical degrees and certificates and personal enrichment courses.
Learn more at: www.jwcc.edu.