Evaluation of Transcripts

Evaluation of transcripts from other institutions

How to request an evaluation:  To receive credit for courses taken at other regionally accredited colleges and universities, you must have an official copy of your transcript sent directly from the prior institution to John Wood Community College Office of Admissions.  Once you have applied for admission your transcript will automatically be evaluated, based upon your declared area of concentration.

What transfers:  JWCC transfer credit policies can be found in the “Policy on Accepting Credit in Transfer, or Credit for Previous Education” section of the current JWCC college catalog.

CLEP/AP/DANTES credit:  JWCC does recognize credit for proficiency exams such as CLEP, AP, and DANTES.  To request such credit, you must send official score reports directly from the testing agency to the JWCC Office of Enrollment Services.  Credit will not be awarded without original score reports from the testing agency.

To view our AP Scoring Guideline, click here.

Military experience credit: JWCC does award credit for prior military experience and training. Click here for specific information about how to receive this credit.